Finding a job as a 2L
If you're a 2L looking for private firm work, you need an aggressive job search plan. Review the following tips on how to get a job:
- Apply broadly and to as many employers as possible. Finding a job is a numbers game -- the more resumes you submit, the better your odds of finding a job.
- Participate in spring OCI if your school offers it. If employers are only looking for spring help, apply anyway and attend the interview. Many employers are willing to be flexible for the right candidate.
- Have your resume reviewed. Seek the advice of your Career Services Office for help with resumes. You can also review our resume tips page.
- Attend as many interviews as you can. Even if you don't land the job, you'll benefit from the practice. Review our interview tips.
- If your school offers a mock interview program, be sure to participate. Gather as much feedback as you can.
- Consider working during your Spring semester. Many employers will hire 3Ls students for Spring and carry the position into summer.
- Network, network, network. Look into whether your school has a mentor program, and attend networking events hosted by local bar associations.
- Register for Law Clerk Job Fairs. We offer you the easiest way of finding a job. You can apply to over 100 employers with just a resume!